I would like to know if Microsoft licensing generally allows us to restore a backup of our VMs from a private cloud provider to our on-premise environment for a one-time DR scenario exercise.
Currently our private cloud vendor wont allow us to restore the full VM backup from their cloud to our datacenter. Their reason is that we will violate Microsoft licensing if we do that. Is that true?
Our on premise servers are fully licensed.
- Definition of Software Partitioning asked by amos.max
- SPLA: Reporting RDS SALs asked by kbatesDQS
- ISV Hosting in 3rd Party Data Centre – Windows and SQL Server asked by b4127
- Does SPLA require full OS management asked by Chuck
- New Dedicated Host Requirements for AWS/Google/MS and others asked by spla